Posted on: February 3, 2020
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications
provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more
than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience,
CenturyLink strives to be the worlds best networking company by
solving customers increased demand for reliable and secure
connections. The company also serves as its customers trusted
partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity
and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that
help protect their business.
Taking it to another level connecting our customers to the Power of
the Digital World!
Join our team as a Technician providing excellence in servicing the
customer, selling our products and integrated communications
services. What are the advantages to joining our dynamic technical
team? Here are just a few - paid training, tuition assistance
available, tools, test equipment and a company vehicle you will
need to perform your job as well as you will have rapid progressive
earning potential and advancement opportunities.Job Description
- Analyzes and troubleshoots basic technical problems or
- Reviews and discusses service order requirements and equipment
requests with customers, evaluating customers, telecommunication
needs and suggesting additional/alternative service as
- Installs, maintains/repairs, and tests residential/small
business telecommunication service (POTS, Hicap circuits and
- Makes splicing rearrangements on existing facilities in buried,
underground, aerial and building work locations.
- Performs splicing functions on all other types of outside plant
facilities where the work requires cable sheath openings
- Performs Central Office work as required to meet customer
- Connects wires and cables to terminals, and attaches/detaches
various kinds of hardware to wires, cables, buildings, and
- Uses hand tools, power tools (air and electric), and specialty
tools, including electric and electronic measuring devices (e.g.,
multi-meters, volt-ohm meters).
- Performs continuity and/or conformance testing.
- Reads and interprets customer service orders, repair tickets,
technical (i.e., mechanical, electrical, digital) drawings, maps,
blueprints, diagrams, etc. from supervisor or other designated
employees and performs specified work.
- Works with telecom color-coded wires and cables.
- Able to accurately locate underground cables and to repair cut
cable of all sizes.
- Ability to work well with others to achieve common goals and to
foster a cooperative climate, as well as to work independently in
the field with little supervision.
- Ability to work varying shifts and hours including possible
mandatory overtime, weekends and holidays.
- Successful completion and passage of all applicable employment
assessments and interviews.
- Selected candidate is required to remain in the position for a
minimum of 30 months (Time in Title) and 18 months (Time in
- At least 6 months of experience within the last five years
installing, maintaining/repairing, and testing residential/small
business telecommunication service, both POTS and HSI.
- At least 6 months of experience within the last five years
connecting telecom color-coded wires and cables to terminals,
attaching or detaching various kinds of hardware to wires, cables,
buildings and poles.
- Knowledge of basic electricity, as it relates to
telecommunications (through classes or on-the-job training), which
includes: knowledge related to the basic principles, theories, and
applications of electricity (e.g., voltage, current, resistance,
power, grounding, insulation, Ohms Law, AC/DC); knowledge of basic
electrical components (e.g., conductors, insulators, switches,
capacitors, inductors, transformers) and basic circuit design; and
knowledge of the operation and application of common electrical
components and common measurement instruments (e.g., multi-meters,
- Working knowledge of hand and power tools.
- Working knowledge of test equipment (e.g., Tech Tad, Sidekick,
volt-ohm meters, transmission measuring sets).
- Ability to use established electrical, digital, and/or
mechanical principals and to perform appropriate tests to identify
and solve problems encountered on the job.
- Ability to efficiently and accurately work with multiple types
of information and/or perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to complete designated amount of work in a specified
timeframe, adjusting work assignments or schedules to meet changing
work-related priorities or demands.
- Ability to provide efficient, quality service to both internal
and external customers both face-to-face and over-the-phone.
- Ability to perceive differences in telecom wire and cable
- Ability to climb and work at elevations (e.g., from ladders,
poles, lift trucks) exceeding 18 feet.
- Ability to work in confined spaces (e.g., attics, crawl spaces,
- Ability to perform strenuous physical activities including, but
not limited to: lifting objects weighing over 75 pounds.
- Ability to perform job activities outdoors in different weather
conditions (e.g., extreme cold and/or heat, inclement
- A valid State drivers license with a current satisfactory
driving record. CDL preferred.
What to Expect Next:
Based on your job application information you may be given the
opportunity to complete a video interview immediately after
applying. This will include a set of questions for you to record a
response to in addition to Game Challenges. Completion of this
video interview is a requirement in order to be considered for our
open position. Now not a good time? No worries, we will also send
you an email with a link to complete the video interview. We
strongly recommend that you complete this within 5 days of your
Alternate Location: US-Idaho-Caldwell
Requisition #: 219195
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment.
A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website
This position is part of a bargaining unit and represented by a
union. Depending upon the applicable collective bargaining
agreement under which you may be hired, you may be: (a) required to
join the union and pay union dues as a condition of employment; or,
(b) required to pay union dues, but not join the union as a
condition of employment; or (c) free to chose whether or not to
join the union, but if you do join the union you would be obligated
to pay union dues.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all
persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national
origin, religion, creed, veteran status, disability, medical
condition, genetic characteristic or information, age, sex, gender,
sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status,
pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively,
"protected statuses"). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination
in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring,
compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job
assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate
the general nature and level of work performed by employees within
this classification. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change
based on changing business needs and conditions.
Keywords: CenturyLink, Caldwell , Network Technician, Engineering , Caldwell, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!