Assistant Store Manager
Company: NAPA Auto Parts
Posted on: September 19, 2022
WHO IS NAPA?
"We're in the business of people; we just happen to sell parts"
(Bob Dyson, Owner). This quote from the NAPA - Dyna Parts owner is
a driving force for what makes NAPA a great company to work with.
We value people and the people that you value. We work hard to
coordinate a healthy work-life and personal-life balance. This is
done while staying true to our mission to provide customers with
the best possible products, service, and value in a caring,
friendly atmosphere that meets their needs and provides a memorable
SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE:
This position works collaboratively with the store manager to
oversee the general day-to-day business operation for an assigned
NAPA store. Helps manage company store operations to generate
increased return on investment, improve market penetration, and
provide superior customer service.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Position may include additional functions not
- Assists the store manager in overseeing the general day-to-day
business operation for an assigned NAPA store.
- Assists with store growth plan development, planning, and
- Assists with planning, coordinating, implementing, and tracking
employees' professional development activities.
- Ensures both retail and wholesale customer service is
maintained at a high level.
- Helps recruit, orient and develop new store personnel to fill
delivery, counter sales, and other positions.
- Helps to ensure that key processes and all standard operating
procedures established by the company are in place.
- Helps to advise store personnel in all aspects of store
operations, including asset protection processes.
- May assist with scheduling, coaching, training, and developing
of store personnel.
QUALIFICATIONS: (Required knowledge, skills, abilities, education,
- Valid Driver's License required. Motor Vehicle Record (MVR)
must meet driving requirements set by Dyna Parts.
- Previous retail sales experience preferred.
- High school diploma, or equivalent, required.
- Capable of operating TAMS point-of-sale system and
- Ability to process cash, check, and credit card
- Capable of recognizing and distinguishing letters and numbers
(both visually and aurally) and remembering their sequence.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy as well as ability
to multi-task and is self-motivated.
- Proficient understanding of the counter sales associate
- Proficient understanding/adherence to Dyna Parts' standard
- Must be promotable to the store manager position; willing to
relocate within region.
- Must be able to assume manager responsibilities in manager
absence; sound decision making ability.
PHYSICAL & OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Capable of lifting and moving merchandise of up to 60
- Ability to move engine blocks, core barrels, and other heavy
equipment using moving aids designed to move such items, including
hand trucks, barrel dollies, hydraulic lifts, etc.
- Ability to bend or stoop to floor-level shelves and be able to
reach upper shelves with use of stool or ladder when
- Ability to stand and walk for entire work shift.
- Ability to speak clearly and listen attentively.
BENEFITSWe offer a variety of benefits that include medical,
dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability, life
and AD & D insurance, flexible spending account, health savings
account, both 401(k) traditional and 401(k) Roth retirement plan,
PTO, and paid holidays.
Benefits Information Disclaimer:
The benefits information provided on this site is provided for
informational purposes only. Not every benefit listed above is
applicable to every employee as some benefits apply only to
full-time employees and others have a minimum hour requirement.
*The functions described herein are not the only responsibilities
and tasks to be performed by the individual occupying this
position. The individual will be required to follow any other
instructions and to perform any other job-related duties as
required by his/her supervisor or manager. Requirements stated
herein are minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities to
qualify for this position. To perform the responsibilities of this
position successfully, the individual will possess the abilities
and aptitudes to perform each task proficiently. "Ability" means to
possess and apply both knowledge and skill.
This job description includes the essential functions of the job
that an incumbent must be able to perform with or without
reasonable accommodation. This document does not create an
employment contract, implied or otherwise. The Company maintains
"at will" employment. This job description is subject to review,
and may be revised or updated at management's discretion.
Compensation: $41,900.00 - $52,000.00 per year
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Dyna Parts is a family owned and operated business providing
unsurpassed customer service since 1957. Dyna Parts owns and
operates over 30 NAPA Auto Parts stores throughout southern Idaho,
Oregon, Montana and Nevada. Dyna Parts offers the largest selection
of auto parts and accessories in the area supporting both retail
and wholesale customers.
At Dyna Parts, we believe in high quality, professionally delivered
services offered in a manner that reflects our commitment to and
respect for our customers. We believe in teamwork, integrity, and
respect for each other and continually strive to efficiently serve
our customers, responding to their needs and desires in a
continuous pursuit of quality and excellence. Above all, we are a
team that is caring, cooperative, and generous in our work and in
how we treat our customers and each other.
Family is an absolute priority and Dyna Parts will make every
effort to help coordinate work life with personal life. At Dyna
Parts, customers should be accommodated at any reasonable level and
at any reasonable cost. We believe everyone deserves to be treated
with kindness and respect and all employees have the power to make
great decisions. Joining the Dyna Parts team is like becoming part
of a family. We help each other grow and become better people as
well as better employees.
Our job isn't just to sell auto parts. It's also to grow the
professional and personal lives of our employees. We know that if
our employees succeed, we succeed. We are in the business of
people, we just happen to sell parts. That's why we provide not
only a job, but a career
We are proud of our NAPA team and ready to share the Know How!
Keywords: NAPA Auto Parts, Caldwell , Assistant Store Manager, Executive , Caldwell, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!