Assistant Health Services Director
Company: Prestige Care, Inc
Posted on: February 1, 2019
Assistant Health Services Director is responsible for the coordination and supportive services provided to residents at the Assisted Living Residence.
* Fosters a non-clinical, resident-centered approach to the planning and delivery of services to residents, supporting residents rights to participate in decision-making and treating residents with dignity and respect.
* Under the direction of the HSD assesses health, functional and psychosocial status of residents, initiating individualized service plans, proactively managing care and services for each resident, and maximizing the resident s opportunity to remain in the assisted living environment.
* Ensures that residents care needs are met by coordinating with other community professionals, including physicians, discharge planners, nurses, home health agency staff, case managers, and state agency personnel. Arranges ancillary services, such as pharmacy, podiatry, lab, and x-ray as needed as directed by the HSD.
* Delegates nursing tasks as allowed under applicable nursing laws and practice acts, communicating regularly with residents, their families, and their health care practitioners.
* Provides training, supervision, monitoring of staff as they provide personal care, medication management, and other health related services, assuring that ALS philosophy of care is practiced.
* Communicates regularly with residents families regarding health care needs. Provides instruction and reassurance for residents and families in maintaining health and managing medical conditions.
* Problem-solves with HSD to manage residents with challenging needs.
* Assists in assessing urgent problems and advises, supports and problem-solves with HSD in actions to take when health concerns arise.
* Sees that all resident care is properly documented, that resident records are completed in a timely manner and maintained according to company policies.
* Maintains up-to-date knowledge of all rules and regulations pertaining to resident care. Takes responsibility for keeping informed of industry and health care trends and standards, applying new knowledge to meet the changing needs of residents.
* Seeks out additional expertise and advice when needed to assure residents needs are met and proper practices followed.
* Participates in the marketing efforts of the management team as designated by the HSD.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* LPN certificate, Associate Degree in Nursing, or Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
* Must have a current, unencumbered LPN/LVN or RN license.
* Minimum of 1 year working in geriatric nursing, including experience with medication administration, delivery systems and pharmacies.
* One year in supervisory/management position, and experience with budgets, staff development, training and scheduling.
* Additional course work in management an asset.
* Excellent written and oral communication and motivational skills are essential to success.
* Ability to creatively problem-solve in both resident care and employee management situations.
Keywords: Registered Nurse, RN, Case Manager, RN Case Manager, Registered Nurse Case Manager, Memory Care, Dementia, Health Services, Nurse, Nursing, LPN, Clinical Services, Senior, Elderly, Assisted Living, Senior Housing. AL, Alzheimer's, Assisted Living, CCRC, Communities, Continuous Care Retirement Community, Long Term Care, Nursing Home, Retirement Communities, Retirement Homes, Senior Housing, Senior Living, Skilled Nursing, SNF, Jobs, Careers, Openings, Opportunities, Search, Employment, Management, Management Trainee, Nurse, Resident Care Coordinator, LPN, RCC, Memory Care Coordinator, MCC, Dementia Specialist, Alzheimer's Specialist, Resident Care Manager, Clinical Services Manager, Health Services Manager, Health Wellness Director, Health and Wellness Director, Care Service Manager, New Grad, New Grad Nurse, Care Service Manager, Staff Nurse, Charge Nurse, RN Charge Nurse, Health Services Administrator, Floor R.N., Floor Registered Nurse, Floor RN, Resident Care Coordinator, LPN, Licensed Practical Nurse, Licensed Practicing Nurse, Nurse
Prestige Assisted Living at Autumn Wind is located in a residential area nestled among local farms. Our community features three courtyards, including a beautiful garden with a soothing waterfall and freshwater fishpond. We also have private areas perfect for entertaining family and friends.
In addition to the many amenities, Autumn Wind offers Celebrations, an innovative lifestyle program that embraces a philosophy of healthy, fulfilled living to foster happiness and longevity among our residents. Our program s events, activities and educational opportunities are designed to nurture mind, body and spirit, and give you the choices and freedom to celebrate life.
Using innovative care techniques and life enrichment programming, our community also offers award-winning Expressions Memory Care Program that provides people with dementia an outlet for creativity through arts, learning, and spirituality. Designed to keep up with all the latest research and information surrounding dementia, Caldwell s team aligns with experts in the field of Alzheimer s research to continually provide refreshed programming for residents, and ongoing training and education for our amazing staff and families.
Questions? Contact AutumnWindED@prestigecare.com:
Build Your Healthcare Career with Prestige Care:
Prestige Care is a family-owned and operated industry leader in the skilled nursing, assisted living, and rehabilitation space. As a Prestige Care team member, you are more than just an employee, you are part of our family. With a company focus on career development and advancement, there are many opportunities for advancement at our over 80 communities and care centers in 8 Western states. The healthcare career opportunities are endless and we look forward to collaborating with you to achieve your professionals goal. Check out the career path that you can take with Prestige Care below::
Keywords: Prestige Care, Inc, Caldwell , Assistant Health Services Director, Executive , Caldwell, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!