RN ER Manager
Company: West Valley Medical Group
Posted on: March 3, 2019
DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
West Valley Medical Center (WVMC) provides a small-town, friendly environment with a big-city commitment to high-quality patient care. Located in Caldwell, Idaho, this 150-bed facility comes nationally accredited and consistently awarded for performance and clinical outcomes. The WVMC team is comprised of 800 employees and volunteers, and based within a three-story hospital and several off-site community clinics. WVMC offers a full-spectrum of services, including state-of-the-art cardiology, 24/7 emergency care, advanced orthopedics, robot-assisted surgery, pediatrics, mental health, and women's services. In 2017 WVMC was named among the Top 100 Hospitals for the fourth consecutive year by Truven Health Analytics.
WVMC is part of HCA's network of more than 300 affiliate hospitals, outpatient centers and business offices across the country. HCA and WVMC are all about caring for people, and that care extends to patients, families and employees.
Located within The Treasure of the Valley, WVMC stands as a pillar of excellence for our friendly community. Caldwell offers a family-friendly culture with walking paths, recreational parks, two golf courses, the Boise River and a short commute to Boise and countless outdoor adventures.
RN Manager Emergency Services:
Provides direction and oversight to the Emergency Department. Responsible for effectively managing the delivery of patient care that promotes the safety and wellbeing of all patients. Responsible for meeting strategic initiatives and supports the mission and vision of the organization.
- Supports and implements strategic initiatives for the department and organization.
- Participates in activities that provide professional growth and development for assigned staff. In collaboration with director and CNO, oversees day-to-day operations as well as rotates administrative call.
- Provides direct patient care as needed to meet needs of department.
- Fosters positive culture and supports effective communication between all involved in the continuum of care. Follows the established chain of command when needed.
- Implements satisfaction strategies to impact employees, physicians, patients and families as outlined in strategic initiatives.
- Supervises, assigns and schedules the RN trauma team. Assists with trauma room management, documentation, communication in all aspects of trauma patient care, when available. Collaborates with ED leadership to review equipment needs, supplies and stock needs for trauma bays.
- Implements processes designed to reduce risk and create a safe environment within the department and organization. Adheres to the safety policies and procedures and demonstrates safe practice. Collaborates with Risk and/or Quality Management regarding patient care issues and concerns.
- Provides direct involvement in the recruitment, development, recognition and retention of staff. Manages hiring and termination process in collaboration with director and department leadership team.
- Organizes and conducts annual performance evaluations and competencies of staff in collaboration with director. Coordinates and facilitates performance improvement plans as needed.
- Conducts employee and patient rounds. Actively participates in department and organization committees as assigned. Serves as an interdepartmental liaison with individuals throughout the organization
Experience: Four to five years of nursing experience in acute or academic setting. Experience in hospital operations preferred. Experience with clinical education and professional development preferred.
Education: Bachelor's degree in nursing required.
Licensure: Current Idaho RN license required; compact license acceptable, must obtain Idaho RN license
Ninety days from date of hire.
Certification or Registration: Current BLS required or obtained within 30 days of employment; current ACLS and PALS required or obtained within six months of employment; current TNCC or obtain within one year of employment; current ENPC or obtain within six months of employment. Knowledge, Skills, Abilities: Requires excellent communication and organizational skills. Knowledge of adult education theory and practice preferred. Research skills and abilities preferred to identify and facilitate sharing of best practices. Initiative, creativity and flexibility are essential skills for program development and employee education. Must demonstrate a high degree of professionalism and good facilitation, coaching, and teaching skills
Keywords: West Valley Medical Group, Caldwell , RN ER Manager, Executive , Caldwell, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!