Registered Nurse RN ICU
Company: West Valley Medical Center
Posted on: June 18, 2022
Description Sign on Bonus and Relocation available for qualified
applicants, payable on first check! Introduction West Valley
Medical Center is committed to investing in the latest technology
enabling nurses to work more efficiently. Are you passionate about
delivering patient-centered care? Submit your application for
Registered Nurse RN ICU position and spend more time at the bedside
with the patient. Benefits At West Valley Medical Center we want to
ensure we support you through all stages of your life as a nurse.
We offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that
includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with
some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student
- Employee Discountsincluding Tickets, Retail, Mental Health
Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more! Learn more about Employee
Benefits You contribute to our success let us contribute to yours!
Whether you choose to focus on bedside care, a leadership or
C-suite role, shape business and operational outcomes, or work to
deliver clinical excellence behind the scenes in data science, case
management or transfer centers. Unlock your potential at West
Valley Medical Center! Job Summary and Qualifications As a
highly-skilled and compassionate ICU Nurse you will provide
critical care expertise along with excellent patient care on our
intensive care unit. You will demonstrate clinical competency,
nursing judgment, teaching skills, and a commitment to providing
quality patient care. You will be part of a team that pulls
together to provide a quality patient care experience. In this
- You will prioritize nursing care for assigned critically ill
patients based on assessment data and identifies needs for
- You will demonstrate appropriate decision making, critical
thinking and clinical judgment to make nursing decision and
identify health care needs.
- You will evaluate and document each patient's response to
medications, interventions, and procedures.
- You will assist in the formulation, coordination, and
implementation of the patient's Plan of Care based on the
assessment of their individual needs.
- You will monitor basic EKG, recognize rhythms and the ability
to intervene as needed.
- You will assist the physician with procedures such as
intubation, line placement and chest tubes
- You will ensure ventilator, monitors and other equipment are
functioning properly. You are able to trouble shoot alarms.
- You will demonstrate an ability to be flexible, organized and
function well under stressful situations.
- You will collaborate with fellow members of the critical care
- Current Idaho State RN license in good standing.
- 1-2 years ICU nursing experience preferred
- Associates degree in nursing required, Bachelor strongly
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life
Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and Certification preferred. Must
obtain BLS or BCLS within 7 days of hire and maintain
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Life
Support Course (ALS or ACLS) and Certification preferred. Must
obtain ALS or ACLS within 90 days of hire and maintain
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Pediatric
Advanced Life Support Course (PALS) and Certification preferred.
Must obtain PALS within 90 days of hire and maintain
- Current CPI (NVCI) or obtain within 60 days of date of hire
West Valley Medical Center (WVMC)
provides a small-town, friendly environment with a big-city
commitment to high-quality patient care. Located in Caldwell,
Idaho, this 150 plus bed facility comes nationally accredited. We
have consistently been awarded for performance and clinical
outcomes. The WVMC team is comprised of 800 employees and
volunteers. Our three-story hospital has several off-site community
clinics. In 2017 WVMC was named among the Top 100 Hospitals for the
fourth consecutive year. Located within The Treasure of the Valley,
WVMC stands as a pillar of excellence for our friendly community.
Caldwell offers a family-friendly culture with walking paths,
recreational parks, two golf courses, the Boise River as well as a
short commute to Boise and countless outdoor adventures. We are
part of the HCA Healthcare network - which includes more than 300
affiliate facilities across the nation - offering our colleagues
the opportunity for travel and relocation. HCA Healthcare and West
Valley Medical Center are all about caring for people, and that
care extends to patients, families and our colleagues HCA
Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies
by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA
Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery
of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated
expenses. "Across HCA Healthcare's more than 2,000 sites of care,
our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients,
communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a
healthier tomorrow." - Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive Join a family
that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing
candidates for our Registered Nurse RN ICU opening. Apply today and
a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.Recruiter:
Brandi Skinner, please reach out with questions about this and
other career opportunities - We are an equal opportunity employer
and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the
basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability
Keywords: West Valley Medical Center, Caldwell , Registered Nurse RN ICU, Healthcare , Caldwell, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!