Company: West Valley Medical Center
Posted on: July 28, 2022
Description Sign on Bonus and Relocation available for qualified
candidates Introduction West Valley Medical Center is committed to
investing in the latest technology enabling nurses to work more
efficiently. Are you passionate about delivering patient-centered
care? Submit your application for RN ICU position and spend more
time at the bedside with the patient. Benefits West Valley Medical
Center offers a total rewards package that supports the health,
life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans
and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits Note: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
You contribute to our success let us contribute to yours! Whether
you choose to focus on bedside care, a leadership or C-suite role,
shape business and operational outcomes, or work to deliver
clinical excellence behind the scenes in data science, case
management or transfer centers. Unlock your potential at West
Valley Medical Center! Job Summary and Qualifications As a
highly-skilled and compassionate ICU Nurse you will provide
critical care expertise along with excellent patient care on our
intensive care unit. You will demonstrate clinical competency,
nursing judgment, teaching skills, and a commitment to providing
quality patient care. You will be part of a team that pulls
together to provide a quality patient care experience. In this
- You will prioritize nursing care for assigned critically ill
patients based on assessment data and identifies needs for
- You will demonstrate appropriate decision making, critical
thinking and clinical judgment to make nursing decision and
identify health care needs.
- You will evaluate and document each patient's response to
medications, interventions, and procedures.
- You will assist in the formulation, coordination, and
implementation of the patient's Plan of Care based on the
assessment of their individual needs.
- You will monitor basic EKG, recognize rhythms and the ability
to intervene as needed.
- You will assist the physician with procedures such as
intubation, line placement and chest tubes
- You will ensure ventilator, monitors and other equipment are
functioning properly. You are able to trouble shoot alarms.
- You will demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and
function well under stressful situations.
- You will collaborate with fellow members of the critical care
- Current Utah State RN license in good standing.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life
Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and Certification preferred. Must
obtain BLS or BCLS within 30 days of hire and maintain
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Life
Support Course (ALS or ACLS) and Certification preferred. Must
obtain ALS or ACLS within 6 months of hire and maintain
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Pediatric
Advanced Life Support Course (PALS) and Certification preferred.
Must obtain PALS within 6 months of hire and maintain
- 1-year ICU experience required.
This role requires you to be fully
vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law
or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is
approved). West Valley Medical Center (WVMC) provides a small-town,
friendly environment with a big-city commitment to high-quality
patient care. Located in Caldwell, Idaho, this 150 plus bed
facility comes nationally accredited. We have consistently been
awarded for performance and clinical outcomes. The WVMC team is
comprised of 800 employees and volunteers. Our three-story hospital
has several off-site community clinics. In 2017 WVMC was named
among the Top 100 Hospitals for the fourth consecutive year.
Located within The Treasure of the Valley, WVMC stands as a pillar
of excellence for our friendly community. Caldwell offers a
family-friendly culture with walking paths, recreational parks, two
golf courses, the Boise River as well as a short commute to Boise
and countless outdoor adventures. We are part of the HCA Healthcare
network - which includes more than 300 affiliate facilities across
the nation - offering our colleagues the opportunity for travel and
relocation. HCA Healthcare and West Valley Medical Center are all
about caring for people, and that care extends to patients,
families and our colleagues HCA Healthcare has been recognized as
one of the World s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere
Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare
spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of
charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated
expenses. "Across HCA Healthcare s more than 2,000 sites of care,
our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients,
communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a
healthier tomorrow." - Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive Join a family
that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing
candidates for our RN ICU opening. Apply today and a member of our
Talent Acquisition team will reach out. Recruiter Contact: For
information about this and other career opportunities at West
Valley, please reach out to Brandi Skinner, - (call or text)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: West Valley Medical Center, Caldwell , RN ICU, Healthcare , Caldwell, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!