Company: West Valley Medical Center
Posted on: July 31, 2022
Description IntroductionAre you looking for a place to deliver
excellent care patients deserve? At West Valley Medical Center we
support our colleagues in their positions. Join our Team as a(an)
RN PACU and access programs to assist with every stage of your
career.BenefitsAt West Valley Medical Center we want to ensure we
support you through all stages of your life as a nurse. We offer
eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes
medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some
unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health
Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!Learn more about Employee
BenefitsAre you a continuous learner? With more than 94,000 nurses
throughout HCA Healthcare, we are one of the largest employers of
nurses in the United States. Education is key to excellence! As a
majority owner of Galen College of Nursing, which joins Research
College of Nursing and Mercy School of Nursing as educational
facilities within the HCA Healthcare family, we make it easier and
more affordable to gain certifications and job skills. Apply today
for our RN PACU opening and continue to learn!Job Summary and
QualificationsAs a Registered Nurse in the PACU/ Recovery you will
provide excellent patient care to individuals following operative
and invasive procedures. Our team works hard to support each other,
we are looking for an amazing nurse who feels patient care is as
meaningful as we do. In this role:
- You will be able to perform general nursing duties and be
competent in all post-operative procedures as verified by specific
- You will demonstrate the ability to facilitate smooth and
efficient room turnover and patient flow.
- You will complete all paperwork and computer charting to ensure
accurate and timely charting.
- You will provide appropriate management of pain under the
direction of the anesthesiologist and documents changes and
reassessment using the pain scale.
- You will work with the family to inform them of progress of the
patient, delays in transfer to the unit, etc.
- You will facilitate communications between other departments as
needed and prepare patients for transfer of care. .
- You will follow through on reporting problems and ensure proper
use of the chain of command as a patient advocate, maintaining
communication regarding any changes in the patient condition.
- You will act in a composed and professional manner, especially
- Current State of Idaho Registered Nurse License.
- BSN preferred.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life
Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and Certification American Red Cross
or American Heart Association Advanced Life Support Course (ALS or
ACLS) and Certification.
- One or more years of critical care experience preferred, but
not required West Valley Medical Center (WVMC) provides a
small-town, friendly environment with a big-city commitment to
high-quality patient care. Located in Caldwell, Idaho, this 150
plus bed facility comes nationally accredited. We have consistently
been awarded for performance and clinical outcomes. The WVMC team
is comprised of 800 employees and volunteers. Our three-story
hospital has several off-site community clinics. In 2017 WVMC was
named among the Top 100 Hospitals for the fourth consecutive
year.Located within The Treasure of the Valley, WVMC stands as a
pillar of excellence for our friendly community. Caldwell offers a
family-friendly culture with walking paths, recreational parks, two
golf courses, the Boise River as well as a short commute to Boise
and countless outdoor adventures.We are part of the HCA Healthcare
network - which includes more than 300 affiliate facilities across
the nation - offering our colleagues the opportunity for travel and
relocation. HCA Healthcare and West Valley Medical Center are all
about caring for people, and that care extends to patients,
families and our colleagues HCA Healthcare has been recognized as
one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere
Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare
spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of
charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated
expenses."Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.HCA
Healthcare Co-FounderIf growth and continued learning is important
to you, we encourage you to apply for our RN PACU opening. Our team
will promptly review your application. Highly qualified candidates
will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities apply
today!Recruiter Info: Please contact Brandi Skinner,
Brandi.Skinner@HCAHealthcare.com or 515-414-1592 (call or text) for
information or questions about this and other career
opportunities.We are an equal opportunity employer and value
diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of
race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation,
age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: West Valley Medical Center, Caldwell , RN PACU, Healthcare , Caldwell, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!