Nurse Practitioner job
Company: NOW Healthcare
Posted on: September 15, 2022
A thriving healthcare system is seeking a Psychiatric Nurse
Practitioner to work in the Caldwell, ID area!
Benefits - Psych NP
- Generous Paid Time Off Annual Plan
- 9 Paid Holidays
- In House Dental Services
- Medical Coverage
- Vision Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Cafeteria Benefit Plan
- 403b Retirement Plan
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Relocation Assistance
- Potential for NHSC or state of Rural Health loan
- Continuing Medical Education Allowance
- FQHC Student Loan repayment
About the Group
- 12 Locations
- Mobile Unit
- Wonderful culture
- This is a group with quality in all they do, harmony as a team
and a fun place to be!
About this role - Psych NP
- Patient assessment, diagnosis, treatment and evaluation of
remission of symptoms will be carried out in close association and
collaboration with the clinic physician, physician preceptor,
appropriate specialists and other care agencies in the
- Participate in staff meetings, conferences, in-services,
training, committees, continuing education and long and short-term
planning for Valley Family Health Care.
- Assess patient's physical and mental status and institute
appropriate therapy within the guidelines established by the
approved state (Idaho/Oregon) practice description, Valley Family
Health Care Quality Assurance Manual, and limitation established by
the Medical Director and/or preceptor physician.
- Diagnose and treat acute and chronic psychiatric conditions,
using DSM 5, and interpret lab results.
- Provide immediate emergency treatment and/or refer as
- Appropriately prescribe medications including controlled
- Counsel patients and manage overall psychiatric care.
- Provide education to family members as needed with measurable
- Consult with preceptor physician for patients who are beyond
normal scope of practice/level of knowledge prior to instituting or
prescribing therapeutic measures.
- Assist with meeting quality measures by completing tasks
related to VFHC initiatives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 8am - 5pm
- No weekends
- 5 - 8 hours shifts or 4 - 10 hour shifts
Background Desired - Psych NP
- Education required: MSN, DNP, DSN, or PhD
- At least 2-3 years' experience in a mental health clinic,
psychiatric practice or in-patient practice setting.
- Previous experience working with mental health/substance abuse
- Possess an Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner license and
- Must be currently eligible for certification by the Oregon
State Medical Board and/or certification by the State of Idaho.
The #1 Ranked Nurse Practitioner Search Firm in the USA by the
United States Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Keywords: NOW Healthcare, Caldwell , Nurse Practitioner job, Healthcare , Caldwell, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!