Nurse Extern Emergency Services
Company: HCA Healthcare
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Description IntroductionDo you want to join an organization that
invests in you as a(an) Nurse Extern Emergency Services? At West
Valley Medical Center, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed
up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team
members over the course of three years.BenefitsWest Valley Medical
Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health,
life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans
and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our
patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference.
We are looking for a dedicated Nurse Extern Emergency Services like
you to be a part of our team.Job Summary and QualificationsAs Nurse
Extern you will deliver high quality, patient-centered care by
performing a variety of delegated basic patient care services
related to common nursing functions and activities of daily living.
Under the supervision of the registered nurse (RN), the Nurse
Extern assists the nursing staff in providing patient care in
accordance with the Nurse Extern's skills/training and the needs of
the Department, and consistently assists the patient care team with
maintaining a clean, well-organized, and safe patient care
environment. Our team works hard to support each other and we are
looking for someone who is ready to learn and feels patient care is
as meaningful as we do. In this role:
- You will participate in the implementation of nursing care
plans by performing direct and indirect patient care under the
supervision of the licensed nurse.
- You will act in a composed and professional manner, especially
- You will obtain and record hourly vitals as directed by the
- You will assist with patient mobility by regular turning and
positioning, dangling, and ambulating patients.
- You will assist patients with use of walkers, crutches, canes,
and wheelchairs. Transfers of patients to and from other units,
departments, or entities and assist with discharges.
- You will perform hourly rounding and respond promptly to call
lights and patient requests. Strives to anticipate patient needs
and resolve them proactively.
- You will demonstrate the importance of all functions of your
role, including but not limited to; obtaining information related
to history and known allergies, assisting with sterile procedures,
applying dressings, restocking supplies and linen as needed and
cleaning rooms and equipment after each patient. Qualifications:
- Completion of a basic Nursing fundamentals course is
- 1 or more years of nursing school completed is preferred.
- Nurse Apprentice State of Idaho Board of Nursing Approval
- Current American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic
Life Support or obtain within 30 days of date of hire
- Current NVCI (CPI) or obtain within sixty days of date of hire
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on
local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical
or religious exemption is approved).West Valley Medical Center
(WVMC) provides a small-town, friendly environment with a big-city
commitment to high-quality patient care. Located in Caldwell,
Idaho, this 150 plus bed facility comes nationally accredited. We
have consistently been awarded for performance and clinical
outcomes. The WVMC team is comprised of 800 employees and
volunteers. Our three-story hospital has several off-site community
clinics. In 2017 WVMC was named among the Top 100 Hospitals for the
fourth consecutive year.
Located within The Treasure of the Valley, WVMC stands as a pillar
of excellence for our friendly community. Caldwell offers a
family-friendly culture with walking paths, recreational parks, two
golf courses, the Boise River as well as a short commute to Boise
and countless outdoor adventures.
We are part of the HCA Healthcare network - which includes more
than 300 affiliate facilities across the nation - offering our
colleagues the opportunity for travel and relocation. HCA
Healthcare and West Valley Medical Center are all about caring for
people, and that care extends to patients, families and our
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times.
In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in
cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and
other uncompensated expenses."Good people beget good people."- Dr.
Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder We are a family 270,000 dedicated
professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing
applications for our Nurse Extern Emergency Services opening.
Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your
resume today to join our community of caring!We are an equal
opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status.
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Caldwell , Nurse Extern Emergency Services, Healthcare , Caldwell, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!