Microbiology Lab Technician (Part Time)
Company: Disability Solutions
Posted on: September 16, 2023
The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held
organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and
agriculture-related businesses. The J.R. Simplot Company is a true
farm-to-table company with operations that touch every aspect of
agriculture, including seed production, farming and ranching, plant
sciences, fertilizer manufacturing, food processing, commercial
product development, and distribution.SummaryThis position will
assist with specific operations within the Food Group Microbiology
laboratory contributing to Simplot's Food Safety program. This
includes microbial analyses of food products, in-process and
environmental sample collection at the factory, preparation of
media, and compliance with all ISO 17025 laboratory requirements.
This role is part time and--works M-F 7 am-11--am.Key
- Ability to work on a team in a fast-paced, innovative ISO 17025
accredited microbiology laboratory.
- Maintain a clean laboratory environment and follow all
established good laboratory practices (GLP)
- Required to work in a Biosafety Level II laboratory (agents
that pose moderate hazards to personnel and the environment.)
- Participate in following standard requirements for ISO 17025
accreditation by following the requirements of the NAFG Laboratory
Quality Management System.
- Conducted microbiological analysis of food products and
- Perform routine lab functions including but not limited to,
biohazards waste containment and removal, inventory, cleaning of
lab equipment and supplies, and preparing media.
- Assists in maintaining the necessary inventory of all
- Collect in-process and environmental samples from various plant
- Comply with plant safety requirements and participate in plant
- Perform data entry into the laboratory information management
- Participates in an accredited laboratory proficiency test
program. Maintain satisfactory z-scores with proficiency testing.
Typical EducationHigh school diploma or general education degree
(GED)Relevant ExperienceOne year of related scientific coursework
and/or experience. Other Information
- Knowledge of ISO 17025 - General requirements for the
competence of testing and calibration laboratories.
- Knowledge of laboratory audit standards and QA/QC
- Knowledge of food microbiology and food processing.
- LIMS (Laboratory Information Systems) experience and/or
- Availability to work M-F 7 am-11--am.
- Detail-oriented, independent worker.
- Skilled in basic laboratory procedures.
- Knowledge of Good Laboratory Practices.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite software, specifically
Excel and Word.
- Be able to lift up to 30 lbs., climb steep stairs, work in
hot/cold environments, and is able to accurately perceive colors.--
Job Requisition ID:--15486Travel Required:--NoneLocation(s):--FG
Tech Center R&D - Caldwell--Country:--United States**The J.R.
Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and
will consider all qualified applicants for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age,
sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic
information, physical or mental disability, medical condition,
sexual orientation, military or veteran status, marital status, or
any other protected status. **
Keywords: Disability Solutions, Caldwell , Microbiology Lab Technician (Part Time), Healthcare , Caldwell, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!