Company: West Valley Medical Center
Posted on: October 29, 2018
West Valley Medical Center (WVMC) is a full service hospital available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week servicing Canyon County, Idaho and surrounding communities. WVMC consistently achieves top ratings and recognition for outstanding quality performance and excellent clinical outcomes. Our expertly trained staff and board certified physicians are focused on treating everyone like family. Some of our key services include: cardiology, emergency care, ear/nose/throat, general surgery, spine, orthopedics, pediatrics, behavioral health, radiology/imaging, urology, maternity, women's services. If you are looking for a small-town, friendly environment with a big-city commitment to high-quality patient care, this is the right hospital for you. You can apply your training and skills in a professional atmosphere where they will be valued. You will be part of a community hospital where your contributions are appreciated and your voice is heard - where work force diversity is encouraged and personal growth is supported.
Pediatric Nurse- Full-Time Days 7am-7-pm
The Pediatric RN manages the nursing care of pediatric patients in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Cares for infants and children with chronic and multi-system illnesses and injuries.
- Required to float to medical/surgical unit.
- Provides professional nursing service based on the basic concepts of growth and development of infants and children.
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Calculates dosages for and understands the nursing implications of medications used for infants and children.
- Recognizes the uniqueness of pain and pain management in the pediatric population and provides care accordingly.
- Provides family-centered care based on cognitive, psychosocial and developmental considerations for the age of the patient collaborating with families and members of the multidisciplinary team to achieve desired outcomes.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Cares for patients at risk for abduction following established prevention procedures.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Required Job Qualifications include:
- Current licensure as an RN or RN Compact license required.
- Current certification as a BLS and ACLS Healthcare Provider, PALS
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
Keywords: West Valley Medical Center, Caldwell , Pediatric Nurse, Healthcare , Caldwell, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!