Posted on: September 14, 2019
Description SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
West Valley Medical Center (WVMC) is a full service hospital
available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week servicing Canyon County,
Idaho and surrounding communities. WVMC consistently achieves top
ratings and recognition for outstanding quality performance and
excellent clinical outcomes. Our expertly trained staff and board
certified physicians are focused on treating everyone like family.
Some of our key services include: cardiology, emergency care,
ear/nose/throat, general surgery, spine, orthopedics, pediatrics,
behavioral health, radiology/imaging, urology, maternity, womens
services. If you are looking for a small-town, friendly environment
with a big-city commitment to high-quality patient care, this is
the right hospital for you. You can apply your training and skills
in a professional atmosphere where they will be valued. You will be
part of a community hospital where your contributions are
appreciated and your voice is heard where work force diversity is
encouraged and personal growth is supported.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including
competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth
opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do
excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical,
dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement,
employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and
student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this
fantastic opportunity Pediatric Nurse- Full-Time Nights 7pm-7-am
The Pediatric RN manages the nursing care of pediatric patients in
accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of
the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities
- Cares for infants and children with chronic and multi-system
illnesses and injuries.
- Required to float to medical/surgical unit.
- Provides professional nursing service based on the basic
concepts of growth and development of infants and children.
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans
wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Calculates dosages for and understands the nursing implications
of medications used for infants and children.
- Recognizes the uniqueness of pain and pain management in the
pediatric population and provides care accordingly.
- Provides family-centered care based on cognitive, psychosocial
and developmental considerations for the age of the patient
collaborating with families and members of the multidisciplinary
team to achieve desired outcomes.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well
coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as
appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs
with members of the healthcare team.
- Cares for patients at risk for abduction following established
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.Qualifications Required Job Qualifications
- Current licensure as an RN or RN Compact license required.
- Current certification as a BLS and ACLS Healthcare Provider,
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to
work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing,
bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients
and/or equipment up to 50 pounds. We are an equal opportunity
employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate
on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender,
sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or
Keywords: HCA., Caldwell , Pediatric Nurse, Healthcare , Caldwell, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!