Company: West Valley Medical Group
Posted on: November 6, 2019
Description SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee?
Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and
inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what
it truly means to be a part of a team. You contribute to our
success. Every role has an impact on our patients lives and you
have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for
dedicated professional like you to be a part of our Pediatric eam.
Join us in our efforts to better our community! West Valley Medical
Center (WVMC) provides a small-town, friendly environment with a
big-city commitment to high-quality patient care. Located in
Caldwell, Idaho, this 150-bed facility comes nationally accredited
and consistently awarded for performance and clinical outcomes. The
WVMC team is comprised of 800 employees and volunteers, and based
within a three-story hospital and several off-site community
clinics. WVMC offers a full-spectrum of services, including
state-of-the-art cardiology, 24/7 emergency care, advanced
orthopedics, robot-assisted surgery, pediatrics, mental health, and
women s services. In 2017 WVMC was named among the Top 100
Hospitals for the fourth consecutive year by Truven Health
Analytics. WVMC is part of HCA s network of more than 300 affiliate
hospitals, outpatient centers and business offices across the
country. HCA and WVMC are all about caring for people, and that
care extends to patients, families and employees. Located within
The Treasure of the Valley, WVMC stands as a pillar of excellence
for our friendly community. Caldwell offers a family-friendly
culture with walking paths, recreational parks, two golf courses,
the Boise River and a short commute to Boise and countless outdoor
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including
competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth
opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do
excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical,
dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement,
employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and
student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this
fantastic opportunity Pediatric Nurse- Full-Time Nights 7pm-7-am
The Pediatric RN manages the nursing care of pediatric patients in
accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of
the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities
- Cares for infants and children with chronic and multi-system
illnesses and injuries.
- Required to float to medical/surgical unit.
- Provides professional nursing service based on the basic
concepts of growth and development of infants and children.
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans
wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Calculates dosages for and understands the nursing implications
of medications used for infants and children.
- Recognizes the uniqueness of pain and pain management in the
pediatric population and provides care accordingly.
- Provides family-centered care based on cognitive, psychosocial
and developmental considerations for the age of the patient
collaborating with families and members of the multidisciplinary
team to achieve desired outcomes.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well
coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as
appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs
with members of the healthcare team.
- Cares for patients at risk for abduction following established
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.If you find this opportunity compelling, we
encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you
are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. We are
actively interviewing so apply today!Qualifications Required Job
- Current licensure as an RN or RN Compact license required.
- Current certification as a BLS and ACLS Healthcare Provider,
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to
work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing,
bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients
and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.We arean equal opportunity
employer and value diversity at our company. We do notdiscriminate
on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin,
gender,sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or
disability status Associated topics: hemodialysis, lead, license,
licensed practical nurse, licensed vocational nurse, med, med surg,
nurse ii, nurse iv, practical nurse
Keywords: West Valley Medical Group, Caldwell , Pediatric Nurse, Healthcare , Caldwell, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!