Company: Kenworth Sales Company
Posted on: August 7, 2022
ID: 2606Location: Caldwell, IDAre you ready to join an industry
leader with a strong foundation of success? Kenworth Sales Company
was recently awarded the 2020 Dealer of the Year award and after 75
years of consistent excellence, we are still growing!
The world learned just how essential the trucking industry is over
the last couple of years! Come be a part of our success and the
valuable impact the trucking industry has on our economy!
We have a great career opportunity for a Shop Forman in our
Caldwell, ID location! Enjoy a fast-paced work environment,
interactive role with team members and customers along with many
opportunities for growth among our 23 locations in the West and 8
locations in the East.
Full rich benefit package including medical, dental and vision and
paid life ins as well as a 401K with an aggressive match, vacation
and holiday pay.
The primary function of the Shop Foreman is to assign, supervise
and verify the quality of work performed by the Service
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Maintains Service Shop capacity control. Communicates capacity
status throughout the day with Service Writer/ Production
2. Receives work order from Service Writer and assigns the work to
Service Technicians based upon their skill level and the
time-of-completion directed by the Service Writer / Production
3. Personally performs quality control checks of workmanship on
each service project and provide technician training.
4. Coordinates communication between Service Writer and Service
Technician regarding recommended services, changes in repairs,
costs, and time-of-completion.
5. Controls actual time spent by Service Technician on each service
job performed on a flat rate.
6. Controls special tools and equipment purchase, usage and
7. Supervises janitorial maintenance of Service facility.
8. Assists Service Writer, Service Manager, Production Control and
Warranty Administrator in the performance of their duties.
9. Maintains a working understanding of all warranty policies and
procedures of vendors and Kenworth.
10. Maintains a level of training and experience with specialized
materials, equipment, and safety techniques necessary for superior
servicing of the customer's equipment. To include but not limited
to; Service net, QSOL, Cat, Service Ranger, etc. Attends training
sessions as required from time to time by Service Manager.
11. Generates and maintains all work orders and repair orders.
Assists customer in identifying needed services.
12. Personally coordinates all customer contact with the Service
Department, including repair estimates, service appointments,
customer authorization on service orders, status-of-repair
inquiries, payment terms, and complaints.
13. Calculates all labor charges on flat rate repair orders.
Reviews all labor charges on hourly rate repair orders. Demonstrate
the ability to close all repair orders.
14. Insures timely, competent and courteous relations with service
customers. Analyzes quality control report.
15. Promotes the sales of labor, parts and accessories during
16. Monitors daily all open repair orders and closes as quickly as
possible. Troubleshoots with parts department any delays in
receiving parts for repair orders and resolves quickly. Monitors
Inter-company tickets to ensure equal priority.
17. Issues workmen's compensation "First Report of Injury" forms to
injured employees. Ensures forms are correctly completed and
returned immediately. Directs injured employee to necessary medical
treatment. Promptly forwards reports to Service Manager for review,
and to Insurance Company for processing of claim.
18. Assists Service Manager, Warranty Administrator, Credit
Department, and Production Control in the performance of their
19. Works with Credit Manager in verifying open charge account
status prior to accepting P.O., unit release and updates the repair
order system estimates.
20. Maintains friendly working relationship with customers and
company employees, providing assistance/information/instruction as
necessary to expedite repairs and preserve good relationships.
Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information.
High school diploma or the equivalent.
Two years of experience as a heavy-duty truck repair
Working knowledge of all heavy truck repair methods.
One-year supervisory experience.
Excellent communication and managerial skills.
Valid Commercial Driver's License and good driving record.
Professional personal appearance.
This is a physically demanding position. Will stand six to eight
hours per shift. Will stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, handle
and feel. Will lift parts weighing up to 50 pounds. Will use hand
and power tools, hoist and test equipment. Will be exposed to
noise, vibration, dust, exhaust fumes, paint, and other hazardous
and nonhazardous materials.
Kenworth Sales Company is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative
Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regards to race, color
religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran
Keywords: Kenworth Sales Company, Caldwell , Shop Foreman, Other , Caldwell, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!