RN Same Day Surgery at West Valley Medical Center
Posted on: September 13, 2022
Sign on bonus and relocation available for qualified candidates
Weekdays only, no nights or weekends required
West Valley Medical Center is committed to investing in the latest
technology enabling nurses to work more efficiently.Are you
passionate about delivering patient-centered care?Submit your
application for RN Same Day Surgery position and spend more time at
the bedside with the patient.
At West Valley Medical Center we want to ensure we support you
through all stages of your life as a nurse. We offer eligible
colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical,
wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K(100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of
- Academic AssistanceandReimbursementsfor Tuition and Student
- Employee Discountsincluding Tickets, Retail, Mental Health
Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home,Auto, andPet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term&Long Term Disabilitycoverage
- Legal Benefitsand lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
You contribute to our success let us contribute to yours! Whether
you choose to focus on bedside care, a leadership or C-suite role,
shape business and operational outcomes, or work to deliver
clinical excellence behind the scenes in data science, case
management or transfer centers. Unlock your potential at West
Valley Medical Center!
Job Summary and Qualifications: RN Same Day Surgery Full-Time
As a highly-skilled Nurse in Same Day Surgery you will provide
excellent patient care to individuals during operative and invasive
procedures.Our team works hard to support each other, we are
looking for an amazing nurse who feels patient care is as
meaningful as we do. In this role:
- You will be able to perform general nursing duties and be
competent in all OR procedures as verified by specific
- You will demonstrate the ability to facilitate smooth and
efficient room turnover and patient flow.
- You will complete all paperwork and computer charting to ensure
accurate and timely charting and patient charges occur.
- You will rely on previous experience to anticipate and meet the
needs of the surgeon.
- You will count all sponges, needles and instruments with the OR
Tech on all surgical procedures done following facility policies
and procedures. In the event a sponge/needle count is incorrect,
the circulating RN will inform the attending surgeon and the
Anesthesiologist and a course of action will be determined and the
action will be documented on the Operating Room Record as defined
by facility policies and procedures
- You will facilitate communications between patient, surgeon,
and OR staff and family and other departments as needed.
- You will follow patient and employee safety/security policies
and protocols, including hand hygiene, use of universal
precautions, use of personal protective equipment, and adherence to
- You will act in a composed and professional manner, especially
What qualifications you will need:
- Current State of Idaho Registered Nurse License.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life
Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and Certification.
- One or more years of nursing experience preferred
- Advanced Cardiac Life Spt must be obtained within 90 days of
employment start date
West Valley Medical Center(WVMC) provides a small-town, friendly
environment with a big-city commitment to high-quality patient
care. Located inCaldwell, Idaho, this150 plus bed facilitycomes
nationally accredited. We have consistently been awarded for
performance and clinical outcomes. The WVMC team is comprised of800
employees and volunteers.Our three-story hospital has several
off-site community clinics. In 2017 WVMC was named among the Top
100 Hospitals for the fourth consecutive year.
Located withinThe Treasure of the Valley, WVMC stands as a pillar
of excellence for our friendly community. Caldwell offers a
family-friendly culture with walking paths, recreational parks, two
golf courses, the Boise River as well as a short commute to Boise
and countless outdoor adventures.
We are part of the HCA Healthcare network - which includes more
than 300 affiliate facilities across the nation offering our
colleagues the opportunity for travel and relocation. HCA
Healthcare and West Valley Medical Center are all about caring for
people, and that care extends to patients, families and our
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical
Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent
years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for
the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other
"Across HCA Healthcares more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses
and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a
healthier tomorrow."HERE to view full job description.
Keywords: Confidential, Caldwell , RN Same Day Surgery at West Valley Medical Center, Other , Caldwell, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!