Company: Adair Homes
Posted on: February 15, 2019
DescriptionJob Location Caldwell - Caldwell, IDDescription Position Summary: Demonstrated experience managing complete branch construction activities from start to finish. Have the ability to supervise construction from start to completion with minimal supervision. Objectives: The superintendent oversees construction of individual homes to ensure high quality work that is produced within budget, on schedule, and to the homeowners' complete satisfaction. The superintendent takes full responsibility for producing homes in an efficient and safe manner through effective management of trade contractors and suppliers. The superintendent is the primary representative of the company on construction matters to homeowners. He or she orchestrates the work, coordinates the various complex aspects of the construction process, and trains trade contractors as needed in the performance of their work. Responsibilities: The superintendent must demonstrate the following general abilities, qualities, and knowledge, and perform the following tasks:
- Know and understand the performance criteria and construction standards for each of the trade contractor trades.
- Be familiar with and use established supervisory and motivational techniques to elicit peak performance from all suppliers and trade contractors, in relation to quantity as well as quality.
- Consult with drafting department and engineers on design problems.
- Maintain effective, cooperative working relationships with drafting department, engineers, trade contractors, employees, material suppliers, homeowners, public officials, and the general public.
- Instruct and work with trade contractors and others to assure compliance with proper and approved methods of construction and operating procedures.
- Work directly with office personnel (Regional Managers, Purchasing, Sales, Accounting) and others as needed, to develop or modify company systems to ensure a smooth production operation.
- Coordinate the work of all trade contractors on the job site to avoid conflicts and dry runs.
- Ensure the transition from sales to production is a positive and seamless experience for the homeowner.
- Achieve high quality work and homeowner satisfaction through effective management of resources and the construction process.
- Develop positive customer relations with each homeowner based on timely performance; ensure complete customer satisfaction by meeting regularly with homeowners and maintaining effective two-way communication.
- Perform on site evaluation of customer's land site and plans; consult with customer on necessary site preparation.
- Perform site inspection and determine if build site preparation is 100% complete. Verify that the dollar amount of the previously agreed to budget is consistent with land inspection results. Identify gaps and reconstruct budget as necessary.
- Act as a consultant to the customer during the "owner to do" bid collection process. Determine total project cost.
- Act as a consultant to the customer during the permitting process; work through various obstacles and consult regarding variations in Jurisdiction guidelines.
- Perform pre-walk at each completed home prior to homeowner walk-through and ensure home meets all quality standards.
- Perform final walk through with customer and complete all closing documents.
- Review business forms, checklists, and reports that aid in controlling all aspects of the construction process.
- Complete and submit all necessary production reports in a readable, accurate and timely manner.
- Work closely with the salesperson to review initial job file.
- Perform daily, accurate and timely updates to the construction schedules in Mark Systems.
- Verify all request for change paperwork is accurate and complete prior to work being performed.
- Conduct detailed inspection of each phase of construction before any work is authorized for payment. Use quality checklists for inspection, quality control, and standard operating procedures.
- Write variance work orders for all items that were not included in the original purchase order. Accurately document the justification for each variance.
- Make sure all final bills have been paid by closing.
- Delegate responsibilities to subordinates while remaining responsible for their performance.
- Managing the day to day activities of the Branch Administrator by providing clear direction, prioritizing tasks to the benefit of the entire branch.
- Work with new superintendents by properly training them and acting as their mentor.
- Assist the trade contractors on warranty service and homeowner complaints.
- Establish and enforce safety measures by making sure trade contractors perform their work safely and in accordance with OSHA guidelines.
- Mitigate unsafe work practices by taking appropriate and firm action to promptly remedy all safety violations.
- Consistently ensure that job sites remain clean and professional throughout the course of construction.
- Incorporate knowledge of applicable building codes, zoning ordinances and OSHA requirements.
- Maintain composure and display a calm and professional demeanor while working through difficult situations.
- Maintain a professional appearance at all times with attention to attire, manners, and conduct. Incorporate role as a representative of the company at all times and in all places; always maintain a high degree of integrity and company loyalty.
- Make informed, accurate decisions with the ability to adapt to the challenge at hand.
- Demonstrate proficiency in office software applications.
- Attend scheduled meeting including branch meetings, production meetings, training seminars, staff meetings, etc.
- Cooperate with the Sales and Marketing departments. Assume responsibility for maintaining the company's on-site marketing.
- Cooperate and support Sales and Marketing with Home show set-ups (weekends included as necessary).
- Monitor quality control standards and supervise their implementation.
- Maintain the construction offices, shops and company vehicles by keeping them clean and organized and all times. This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current position, management reserves the right to revise the position or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technological development).Qualifications
Keywords: Adair Homes, Caldwell , Construction Superintendent, Professions , Caldwell, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!