Network Technician - Caldwell, ID
Posted on: May 25, 2019
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications
provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more
than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience,
CenturyLink strives to be the world's best networking company by
solving customers' increased demand for reliable and secure
connections. The company also serves as its customers' trusted
partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity
and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that
help protect their business.
Take command of your success as you deliver the future with
advanced technologies! We offer exceptional paid training, an
inclusive empowering work environment, state-of-the-art tools and
an innovative team culture. We have the vision, ambition, and
practical know-how to succeed! Do you?
Service and sell our product portfolio of integrated communications
- Personally represent CenturyLink as a full-throttle,
next-generation Communications Company.
- Deliver the future of voice, data, internet, entertainment, and
cloud services to our customers.
- Serve the customer at all levels. Provide the customer with the
best customer service. Foster excellence in customer
- Convey a positive, professional appearance and demeanor when
communicating the company's products and service options to our
- Make decision as to the type of repair required at the customer
premise. Determine whether to repair or replace equipment as
- Inspect customer premises to determine the appropriate method
of installation or repair.
- Work closely with the dispatch center for work assignments and
- Carry out all work in the safest possible manner.
- Be prepared and enjoy working outside in all types of weather
- Assist other technical personnel in the field when
- All other duties as assigned.
- Selected candidate is required to remain in the position for a
minimum of 30 months (Time in Title) and 18 months (Time in
Valid driver's license, with a satisfactory driving record.
- Full participation and successful completion of paid classroom
- Willingness and drive to continually keep up with changes in
broadband technology and CenturyLink product offerings.
- Best in class customer service skills to develop strong
relationships with CenturyLink customers.
- Strong communication skills - ability to explain technical
issues to customers clearly.
- Ability to handle multiple issues simultaneously, with a
positive, upbeat attitude.
- Highly motivated technician, with a proven record of
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot technical and practical
- Flexibility and ability work individual or as team as customer
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of computer operating systems
to install and repair customer networking products.
- Experience within the last 5 (five) years installing,
maintaining, repairing and/or testing any of the following
residential or small business broadband products: high speed
internet, phone lines, home theatre, wireless networks, cable TV,
satellite TV, sound/audio installs, closed circuit TV, security
alarm or fire alarm systems.
- Experience cabling (CAT5 or Coax) various electronic components
(e.g., routers, TVs, gaming consoles, stereo systems and home
- Ability to perform strenuous physical activities, including but
not limited to, lifting and/or moving up to 75 pounds and working
- Ability to perform job activities outdoors in different weather
conditions (e.g., extreme cold and/or heat, inclement
- Ability to bend, stand, sit, crawl, climb and lift throughout
the day as the job requires it.
- Ability to climb and work at varying elevations (e.g., from
ladders, poles, lift trucks) exceeding 18 feet.
- Ability to work in confined spaces (e.g., attics, crawl spaces,
- At least 12 months experience within the last five years
installing, repairing/maintaining, and testing residential/small
business telecommunication service (POTS and DSL), including Design
- At least 6 months of experience within the last five years with
GPON/HSI/Access Line installation and repair.
- At least 12 months experience within the last five years
maintaining/repairing and testing copper and/or fiber optic cable
in an underground, aerial, or buried environment.
- At least 12 months of experience within the last five years
connecting telecom color-coded wires and cables to terminals,
attaching or detaching various kinds of hardware to wires, cables,
buildings and poles.
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Alternate Location: US-Idaho-Caldwell
Requisition #: 212908
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment.
A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website
This position is part of a bargaining unit and represented by a
union. Depending upon the applicable collective bargaining
agreement under which you may be hired, you may be: (a) required to
join the union and pay union dues as a condition of employment; or,
(b) required to pay union dues, but not join the union as a
condition of employment; or (c) free to chose whether or not to
join the union, but if you do join the union you would be obligated
to pay union dues.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all
persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national
origin, religion, creed, veteran status, disability, medical
condition, genetic characteristic or information, age, sex, gender,
sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status,
pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively,
"protected statuses"). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination
in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring,
compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job
assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate
the general nature and level of work performed by employees within
this classification. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change
based on changing business needs and conditions.
Keywords: CenturyLink, Caldwell , Network Technician - Caldwell, ID, Professions , Caldwell, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!